Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Our Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is intended to help protect our
customers and the Internet community from unacceptable use of the
Internet. This Policy describes activities that constitute unacceptable
use of our Internet Services, and outlines actions that may be taken in
the event of a violation, including termination of user accounts. Use of
our Internet Service constitutes acceptance of this AUP. We reserve the
right to modify and update our AUP at any time.
The AUP requires all users to comply with all applicable federal, state and
local laws and regulations, but is not limited to matters of law. The AUP
also sets standards of acceptable behavior for those who use our Internet
Service to participate in the Internet community. Although we reserve the
right to do so when necessary or appropriate, we do not monitor customer's
usage of our Internet Services to ensure compliance with law or this AUP.
We will look into possible violations when information that is sufficient
to warrant an investigation is brought to our attention. Complaints or
concerns regarding possible AUP violations should be submitted to
Unacceptable Uses of Internet Services
In addition to use of Internet Services for any illegal purposes (some of
which are described below), it is a violation of the AUP to:
You are fully responsible for all use of our Internet Services via your
account. If any user of your account is suspected of violating this AUP, we
may, among other things, investigate the situation and, where appropriate,
cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected.
- Send unsolicited bulk e-mails, chain letters or mass advertising,
harvest e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending bulk e-mails or mass
advertising, or otherwise engage in spamming.
- Engage in excessive multiple posting to newsgroups. As a general
rule, this entails posting the identical or nearly identical message to 10
or more groups within a two-week period. Users should become familiar with
and comply with the guidelines or community standards governing the
newsgroups in which they participate.
- Engage in mail bombing or otherwise interfere with or disrupt
other network users, network services or network equipment (e.g., by
transmitting a virus or other software, code or files intended to limit or
disrupt the function of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment).
- Use network resources in excess of any prescribed limits on
bandwidth or disk utilization. For example, it is a violation of this AUP
to stay logged on to our Internet Services when you are not actively using
your account unless you have a dedicated account with us.
- Resell our Internet Services to others without our written
- Obtain, or attempt to obtain, unauthorized access to, monitor,
or use any data, systems, or networks without the express permission of the
- Relay mail via another site's mail server without express
permission of that site.
- Cancel any postings or messages other than your own, except for
postings in your name that have been forged.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any employee or
representative of Datility Networks.
- Disclose your password for accessing our Internet Services to a
third party, or otherwise facilitate unauthorized access.
- Add, remove or modify identifying network header information
("spoofing") in an effort to deceive or mislead, or any attempt to
impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying
information. The use of anonymous re-mailers or nicknames does not
constitute a violation of this provision.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute another's
intellectual property or proprietary information, including trade secrets,
trademarks, right of publicity or copyright information, without express
authorization of the rights holder. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act, accounts of users who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of
others must be terminated.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute any material that is
obscene, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual
acts or sexual language of a violent or threatening nature or constitutes
child pornography under applicable law.
- Threaten bodily harm, destruction of property or otherwise
engage in harassment.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute any threatening,
abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent or
tortuous information or information that is invasive of another s privacy.
- Transmit, post, store, link or distribute material that
victimizes, harasses, degrades, threatens to harm or intimidates an
individual or group of individuals, including without limitation minors,
on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age
Anyone who believes that there has been a violation of this AUP should
contact us and provide the following information:
Datility Networks is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing
- the nature of the alleged violation, along with any supporting
- the date and time of the alleged violation, including the time
- the IP address used to commit the alleged violation.
Where a violation of this AUP is found to have occurred, we retain full
discretion to determine the response that is appropriate in the
circumstances, including any one or more of the following actions:
- issue a warning to the user;
- remove any postings that violate this AUP;
- suspend newsgroup posting privileges;
- suspend the customer's account;
- terminate the customer's account; and
- bill the customer for administrative costs and/or reactivation
do not disclose any customer-specific information to third parties without
the consent of the customer, other than as necessary to provide or enhance
the Internet Service. However, such disclosure may be necessary to
investigate alleged violations of this AUP or to otherwise protect our
rights or property. Disclosure to authorized governmental authorities may
also be necessary and will be undertaken only as prescribed by applicable
law. Disclosure of customer information may also be compelled by civil
Questions and Comments
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our Acceptable Use
Policy, you may contact us at [click here].
Our Designated Agent to Receive Notification of
Claimed Infringement for copyright issues is:
P.O. Box 178
Newton, KS 67114-0178
Return to Datility Networks home page.